Gameday Operations Intern
Internship - Unpaid
The Columbus Mavericks are proud and dedicated members of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL), which places more players into NCAA college hockey than any other Tier-3 program in the United States. Our goal is to provide a Tier 3 Junior Hockey gameday experienced that is unmatched in the city, state, and region. We are looking for a detail-oriented team player to manage our team of Gameday Volunteers and ensure a smooth and enjoyable gameday experience for our fans, players, officials, and visitors. If you believe you would make a great fit to our team, apply now!
Employment Type: Internship - Class Credit Available
The Columbus Mavericks rely on a number of Gameday Volunteers to provide a positive, fun, and family-friendly gameday experience to our fans. As the Gameday Operations Intern, it will be your job to manage these volunteers and promotions/activities that make up the gameday experience.
As the Gameday Operations Intern, it will be your job to manage these volunteers (e.g., make sure there are enough volunteers available for each home game and make sure each volunteer knows their job and has the resources/tools they need to do their job), and coordinate and execute gameday promotions (e.g., giveaways, intermission activities, anthem singers, etc.).
- Shows up on time with proper attire each home game
- Treats coworkers and other members of the Mavericks organization with respect
- Happy to assist our loyal and passionate fanbase to continuously improve game atmosphere
- Able to work all of our 16-game home game schedule
- Be an extension of the Mavericks organization
- Strong communication skills and a friendly personality
- Customer oriented mindset
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage volunteers
- Ability to successfully manage a number of concurrent tasks with minimal direction and oversight
- Student pursuing a degree in Business or Sports Management preferred
- Passion for Hockey is always a plus