Game Reporter & Communications Intern
Internship - Unpaid
The Columbus Mavericks are proud and dedicated members of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL), which places more players into NCAA college hockey than any other Tier-3 program in the United States. If you believe you would make a great fit to our team, apply now!
Employment Type: Unpaid Internship for class credit
The Game Reporter & Communications Intern will be primarily responsible helping share the Mavericks Game experience with those who are not able to attend in person. This will include generation of in-game social media content (e.g., Facebook and Instagram stories) and writing and publishing post-game recap articles to the Mavericks' website.
- Attend all Mavericks' home games and capture the live gameday atmosphere on the Mavericks' social media platforms via Facebook and Instagram stories
- Write post-game recap articles to be published on the Mavericks' website (including away games, using stats and box scores available on USPHL website)
- Must be available for All 16 Mavericks Home games
- Shows up on time each day
- Maintain professional and family-friendly demeanor while producing both social media content and game recap articles
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience and familiarity with the game of hockey (e.g., rules, league, USPHL teams etc.)
- Experience with Facebook and Instagram platforms, especially Stories
- Strong written communication skills
- Proven sports reporting experience with samples of your writing a plus
- Student pursuing a degree in journalism preferred